In Hawaii they say Aloha. In the Philippines we say Mabuhay. It is a warm welcome from a truly sincere and hospitable people. Filipinos are a sociable group with strong family ties. So join us and share the joy and togetherness that is the Filipino Association of Greater Kansas City!
2017 Nominations Are Open
It's election season at the Filipino Association. Step up and help our community grow strong! Nominate yourself or other worthy members to serve in 2017.
Positions up for nomination:
Requirements are as follows:
Please submit your nominations by November 9 to Kevin Bautista at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Opportunity for Students
The Filipino Association is offering 2 scholarship awards for 2016 to acknowledge and reward the academic achievements and extracurricular activities of students in our community. The College Education Scholarship Program (CESP) will grant a $400 award to a current college (undergraduate) student or college-bound high school senior. The Secondary Education Scholarship Program (SESP) will grant a $200 award to a current, non-senior high school student.
Applicant or applicant’s family must have been paid members of the FA-GKC for the last two consecutive years (2015-2016). The selection committee will review all applications and determine award winners. Winners will be notified on December 5 and will be invited to receive their award at the Annual Christmas Party on December 10.
Scholarship Committee Awarding Guidelines
1. All applications must be received by 11:59 PM on November 25. Those received after midnight will be disqualified.
2. All applications should include the completed form and required attached documents.
3. Applicant or applicant’s family must have been paid members of the FA-GKC for the last two consecutive years (2015-2016).
4. The Scholarship Committee Chair will review all applications for completeness.
5. The Chair will then remove names and schools from all applications before distributing them to the Committee for fair, blind judging. The Chair will be excluded from the judging process.
6. The Committee will judge the applications using a numerical point-based system.
7. Names of the applicants will not be announced publicly.
8. The Committee reserves the right not to grant any or all of the awards if none of the applicants sufficiently meet the judging criteria.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!
RSVP for an eventful night! Dinner, dancing, entertainment, and of course... karaoke! That's what you can expect at New Orleans Nights on Saturday, November 5. Warm up on a cool autumn eve with some delicious Louisiana cooking, including shrimp kebabs, pork steak, boiled shrimp, jambalaya, desserts and more. Then get out on the dance floor to show off your best moves or sing at the top of your lungs in our karaoke contest. Plus there will be prizes! $30 ages 12 and above, $15 ages 5-11. Get your tickets by October 25. More...